GEM80 Programming Tools
The Advanced GEM80 Programmer (AGP4) is the latest application in a range
of GEM80 programming tools from Advanced Technical Software.
The AGP4 is the latest generation of programming packages for Converteam's
GEM80 range of PLCs. The package itself provides extensive facilities
for developing, documenting, testing and maintaining your applications.
In order to use the Advanced GEM80 Programmer, you will need the following:
- A Pentium III - 600 MHz (or better) computer with a hard disk and
a CD ROM drive.
- At least 128MB of RAM.
- A SVGA monitor configured for a screen resolution of 1024x768 pixels
or greater. The Advanced GEM80 Programmer is not designed to run under
- A copy of Microsoft Windows XP-SP3, Windows 7 and Windows 8. The Advanced GEM80
Programmer is a true 32 bit application and will only run under the
above operating systems.
- A mouse or other Windows compatible pointing device.
- At least 16MB of free hard disk space for the program files plus additional
free disk space for any files you create whilst running the Advanced
- A free serial communications port or USB port in order to communicate
to a GEM80 PLC and a serial communications cable to connect the computer
to the PLC, or an Ethernet card and the appropriate cable if connecting
using GEMLAN-T or an Ethernet-Serial bridge.
- A parallel or USB port to connect your software activation key (SAK)
These are the recommended minimum requirements. Obviously the more power
your computer has the better will be the performance of the Advanced GEM80
The Advanced GEM80 Programmer is now only available in the Developer Pro
version. This is supplied on CD along with a software activation key (SAK),
programming cable and comprehensive on-line help.
The cable supplied as standard is a RS232-RS232 programming lead suitable
only for the latest GEM80 processors (131, 400 and 500). All other GEM80
processors, Imagem etc. require a 20mA connection. If you need such a
cable, please indicate this when you order the Advanced GEM80 Programmer.
For full technical details and pricing information download our specification sheet.